Executive Coaching for Leadership Development
Stakeholders Centered Coaching
Highest Quality Coaching Services in the world!
All executives, whatever their company or field of work, are constantly under pressure to keep their leadership skills efficient and effective, to apply new ideas that will lead to progress, to inspire those around them, to keep moving toward a common goal and to lead the company and its employees into the future.
We have been trained and certified by leadership master-mind Marshall Goldsmith’s proven coaching process and are part of his worldwide network of top notch coaches!
- Marshall Goldsmith has been recognized as the # 1 leadership thinker in the world by Thinkers50 and Harvard Business Review.
- His Stakeholder Centered Coaching process has been used by more than 150 of the Fortune 500 companies. It is the world’s premier executive coaching company with the largest network of executive coaches all certified in the same coaching process.
Marshall’s highly successful coaching process places a strong emphasis on involvement of stakeholders, implementation to establish long-lasting behavioral change, and follow-through to measure growth in leadership effectiveness.
Stakeholder Centered Coaching GUARANTEES results. 95% of the 11,000 business leaders who have been through the coaching process measurably improved in their leadership effectiveness. Coaching fees are subject to measurable leadership growth.
Stakeholder Centered Coaching systematically involves those who work with the leader, enabling both the rapid identification of key issues, and for coaching to become embedded in day-to-day interactions on the job.
Clients have one point of contact for global coaching needs, with regular process reports for HR. One uniform and transparent coaching process provides HR with clear insights into what leaders are working on.
The Stakeholder Centered Coaching process is very time efficient, transparent and structured and works as follows:
- In consultation with the coach, the leader selects 1–2 leadership growth areas based on behavioral interviews and multi-rater leadership assessments that identify their leadership strengths and bottlenecks.
- On a monthly basis stakeholders provide a few practical ‘feedforward’ suggestions that relate to the agreed upon leadership growth areas.
- The stakeholders’ suggestions and areas for skill development are incorporated into a monthly action plan that the leader commits to implementing during the following month.
- The leader changes behaviors and perceptions through execution on the job.
- Leadership growth is measured quarterly and is based on changes in stakeholders’ perceptions.
Results for the Organization
Stakeholder involvement produces a strong positive ripple effect on the team and organization as a whole. Systematically involving stakeholders drives a number of positively reinforcing factors:
- They buy-in to the leader’s change efforts and become supporters, not cynical bystanders.
- They look out for and perceive leadership growth, boosting the leader’s motivation to change.
- As the leader progresses from new behaviors, into new habits and into micro-processes, these changes naturally become embedded in the surrounding eco-system.
- Mentoring / coaching become part of the organization’s culture.