The big effort in life then, becomes how to craft an existence that will fulfill, nourish and support you. An existence where the center is you, and from you derives the goodness that reach other people and can influence also positively their own life.
The effort is about learning that You matter. It is about realizing and accepting your value. It is about taking responsibility for whatever is happening to you and commit to change those things that you do not like, as they were created out of fear. In summary, it is about all the ways you can love yourself more. Somewhere in all the stress, noise, and to-do lists, there is still space for you. You have to learn how to find that space, so you can feel good now and long into your future.
Quite often I have people saying to me “You are so positive and full of energy”. This is not made by chance. As I look back and think about why I feel so good, I truly believe it’s because of the way I live my life. My thoughts from morning until I go to sleep at night are mostly a stream of positive interpretations of what is happening. I firmly believe that life loves me and everything I need comes to me at the right time. I also believe that I am a generous, strong, healthy person. Then I leave it to life to bring my thoughts into manifestation so that this comes true for me.
Moreover, I have always loved learning new things, and I believe that every hand that touches me is a “teaching” hand. In this way, I take every lesson from life and savor it, improving and evolving myself – without feeling the pressure, disruption and loss that some experiences might bring.
When you expand your thinking and beliefs, your love flows freely. When you contract, you shut yourself off. Can you remember the last time when you were in love? Your heart was soaring! It was such a wonderful feeling. It is the same with loving yourself, except that it is with you for the rest of your life. Thus, you want to make it the best relationship that you can have.
Over the years since I re-shaped my life and got into the space of coaching, there have been some key points to the philosophy I lived by, which I believe are priceless and worth sharing. Some of them are:
- Life is really very simple. What you give out, you get back
- Every thought you think is creating your future
- Nevertheless, it is only a thought, and if it does not work, it can be changed
- There is a handful of things that each of us are really after. Realize what they are for you and focus relentlessly on them
- Releasing negative emotions and thoughts will help dissolve even the most solid obstacle in your way.
- Your body can be absolutely healthy. You have the power to change your thoughts and begin to build it and maintain it.
- Everybody is trying for the same result: to be happy. And different people have different strategies to achieve it. Respect theirs and they will respect yours.
- When life is giving you a challenge that disturbs you, focus on love. Loving yourself makes you feel good, and a good life is really about feeling good.
- When you really love yourself everything in your life works. When your decisions are made out of love and not fear (or resentment, or pain, or sadness, etc.) your mind and body will support it.